Buoyed by public markets, the average net worth of America's 400 richest people has risen by $800 million to a record $5 billion, according to Forbes.
Take a look at the richest people in America.
10. Michael Bloomberg, New York City mayor. Net worth: $31 billion.
9. S. Robson Walton -- The son of Walmart Stores Inc founder Sam Walton and chairman of Walmart's net worth is $34.2 billion.
8. Alice Walton (pictured with brothers Rob and Jim) -- The daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton and chairwoman of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is worth an estimated $34.3 billion.
7. Jim Walton, chairman and chief executive officer of Arvest Bank Group Inc. Net worth: $33.8 billion.
6. Christy Walton & family, WalMart heiress. Net worth: $35.4 billion.
4. David Koch (tie), along with brother Charles, David is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $36 billion.
4. Charles Koch (tie), along with brother David, Charles is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $36 billion.
3. Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle. Net worth: $41 billion.
2. Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Net worth: $58.5 billion.
1. Bill Gates, chairman and co-founder of Microsoft Corp., is also co-chairman of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Net worth: $72 billion.
To read more about the wealthiest Americans, go to Forbes.com.
The views expressed below are not those of News4Jax or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.