Bradford County Superintendent of Schools
Updated On: Oct 21 2012 01:52:56 PM EDT
Chad Farnsworth prevailed in a Democratic primary race to face incumbent Superintendent of Schools Beth Moore, a Republican, in the November General Election.
Scroll down for information about the two candidates.
FAMILY: Wife, Jennifer Farnsworth; daughter, Reese Farnsworth; expecting another child in January
OCCUPATION: Former high school administrator (terminated upon announcing intention to seek office)
EDUCATION: Masters in educational leadership from the University of North Florida
POLITICAL EXPERIENCE: None
WHAT DO YOU SEE AS THE TOP THREE ISSUES IN THIS RACE?
- Candidates ability to collaborate with his or her colleagues to improve the educational process for the purpose of raising student achievement and readying students for college and/or the workforce.
- Candidates ability to provide a stable educational environment that will provide adequate levels of support, encouragement and inspiration for fellow educators.
- Candidates ability to be fiscally responsible, not only using current resources wisely, but to procure additional means of support, ensuring that the voters tax dollars are managed in the best possible way.
HOW DO YOU THINK YOU CAN HELP VOTERS IN A WAY OTHERS IN THIS RACE CAN'T?
- "I can offer a trusting and collaborative environment where colleagues and members of the community may freely express and offer ideas about improving our local education system. My ability to create and foster positive relationships within the school system, as well as the community will create a renewed sense of trust and comfort in the true ability of Bradford County Schools to offer a sound educational program for its students.
WHAT WOULD YOU HOPE TO BE REMEMBERED FOR ACCOMPLISHING AFTER SERVING IN THIS OFFICE?
- "I would like to be remembered for making decisions based solely on what is in the best interests of the students of Bradford County."
CAMPAIGN WEBSITE: VoteFarnsworth.com
FAMILY: Husband and children all attended Bradford County school
OCCUPATION: Elected Bradford County school superintendent in 2008
EDUCATION: Doctorate degree in Educational Leadership from the University of North Florida
CAMPAIGN WEBSITE: Facebook.com/BethForSuperintendent
This candidate has not returned WJXT/News4Jax.com's questionnaire.
Information provided to Bradford County supervisor of elections.