Report: 2 charged after new White House lockdown

Published On: May 08 2014 03:24:47 PM EDT
Updated On: May 08 2014 06:37:35 PM EDT

Larry Downing / Reuters

WASHINGTON -

The White House was on lockdown Thursday afternoon because of another security breach, the Secret Service told The Associated Press.

It was the second time in three days that the building had been locked down.

Two people were charged after throwing something over the White House fence, the Secret Service told the AP. One threw a cassette tape and another threw papers, agents said.

Both were charged with throwing objects or other missiles, the AP reported.

On Tuesday, a driver followed a motorcade bringing the president’s daughters through the White House gates. He was charged with misdemeanor unlawful entry, the AP said.

Comments

The views expressed below are not those of News4Jax or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus