Payscale.com recently released a report on the highest salary potential among the nation's top colleges. Here are the schools that bring in the highest paychecks in 2014:
10. State University of New York Maritime College -- Mid-career salary: $121,700
Starting salary: $62,100
9. Tufts University -- Mid-career salary: $123,600
Starting salary: $51,900
8. U.S. Military Academy at West Point -- Mid-career median salary: $123,900Starting median salary: $75,100
(Data represents those in civilian work force, not active service members)
7. Washington and Lee University -- Mid-career salary: $124,300Starting salary: $50,700
6. California Institute of Technology (Caltech) -- Mid-career median salary: $126,200Starting median salary: $78,400
5. Stanford University -- Mid-career median salary: 126,400
Starting median salary: $62,900
4. Colgate University -- Mid-career median salary: $126,600Starting median salary: $54,000
3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Mid-career median salary: $128,800Starting median salary: $70,300
2. U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis -- Mid-career median salary: $130,000Starting median salary: $80,700
1. Harvey Mudd College -- Mid-career median salary: $133,800 Starting median salary: $75,600
Click here to read more about the best colleges for high salaries in 2014.
The views expressed below are not those of News4Jax or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.