10. Dallas, Texas: Dallas pet lovers already know their city is tops for pets.
9. Charlotte, N.C.: Move over NASCAR, you’re about to be known for your love of furry animals.
8. Milwaukee, Wis.: If you have a fondness for beer and pets, Milwaukee is up your alley.
7. Louisville, Ky.: If you’re looking for a place to play fetch with your pooch, Louisville easily makes the top 10.
6. Phoenix, Ariz.: Phoenix is the largest city on our list of pet-friendly cosmos. If you’re looking for city life and a place to raise a couple of pups, this is the spot.
5. Austin, Texas: We can only hope the Live Music Capital of the World can handle dogs barking Christmas carols.
4. San Diego, Calif.: The second largest city on our list, San Diego edged out Austin thanks largely to the city’s extensive park system.
3. Oklahoma City, Okla.: If your pets are your life, there are fewer places better than Oklahoma.
El Paso, Texas: Sunny El Paso surprised us all, but we’re sure pet lovers in the Texan city already knew they had a great thing going.
1. Jacksonville, Fla.: When it comes to pets, The River City leads the pack.
The views expressed below are not those of News4Jax or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.