Pimento Cheese recipes
Pimento Cheese Beer’d Eggs
• 1 dozen eggs
• 2 cans of Intuition Jon Boat
• 1 cup of prepared pimento cheese
• ¼ cup mayo
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cover the eggs about 2 inches with cold water & bring to a boil
2. Turn off the heat and let eggs sit for 8 minutes in water
3. Run eggs under cool water just long enough so that you can handle them
4. Peel eggs while still warm, rinse
5. Place peeled eggs in a container & cover with Jon Boat
6. Let eggs sit in refrigerator overnight
7. Remove eggs from beer & split lengthwise, remove yolks
8. Place yolks, pimento cheese, mayo & Dijon in mixer fitted with paddle attachment and mix until thoroughly combined
9. Season with salt & pepper to taste
10. Scoop or pipe filling back into eggs, top with your favorite garnish and serve with your favorite Intuition beer
Pimento Cheese Spread
• ½ cup pureed yellow onion
• 1 jalapenos, with seeds
• 1 T minced garlic
• 1 cup peppadew peppers
• 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 T kosher salt
• 12 ounces smoked gouda, shredded
• 12 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
• 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1. Puree onion in food processor.
2. Add jalapeno, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt & peppadews to onions in food processor until you have a well blended mix.
3. Using paddle attachment on mixer, add cheeses and mix to incorporate, slowly pouring in onion, etc. mixture.
4. Transfer to covered container.
5. Keeps for about a week.