Buoyed by the stock market, the average net worth of the richest people in America has hit a record $5.7 billion, up $700 million from last year, according to Forbes.
Take a look at the 10 richest people in America.
12. S. Robson Walton -- The son of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. founder Sam Walton and chairman of Walmart's net worth is $39.1 billion.
11. Alice Walton -- The daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton and chairwoman of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is worth an estimated $34.9 billion.
8. Michael Bloomberg, former New York City mayor, founder and owner of Bloomberg LP, philanthropist. Net worth: $35 billion.
7. Jim Walton, chairman and chief executive officer of Arvest Bank Group Inc. Net worth: $36 billion.
6. Christy Walton & family, Walmart heiress and co-chair of the Children's Scholarship Fund. Net worth: $38 billion.
4. David Koch (tie), along with brother Charles, David is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
4. Charles Koch (tie), along with brother David, Charles is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
3. Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle. Net worth: $50 billion.
2. Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Net worth: $67 billion.
1. Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corp., is also co-chairman of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Net worth: $81 billion.
To read more about the wealthiest Americans, go to Forbes.com.
The views expressed below are not those of News4Jax or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.