Restaurant serves booze to toddler

Published On: Oct 12 2012 10:22:02 AM EDT
Updated On: Oct 12 2012 05:27:01 PM EDT

iStockPhoto / peepo

A restaurant in Wales is apologizing after accidentally serving whiskey to a 2-year-old.

Sonny Rees had to be taken to the emergency room after imbibing the booze at his second birthday party at a Frankie and Benny's restaurant in Swansea, BBC News reported.

His mother tasted the boy's drink after he was making funny faces and said he was clearly intoxicated.

Sonny was monitored for a while at the hospital and later given the all clear, The Associated Press reported.

Frankie and Benny's called it a case of human error and told the BBC it was looking at what systems need to be put in place so that something similar doesn't happen again.

Comments

The views expressed below are not those of News4Jax or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus