Back by popular demand, the giant shredder returns to the Channel 4 studios Monday for a day to help protect your identity.
From 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Channel 4 is hosting a free shredding event sponsored by Cintas Document Management. You can bring their personal documents to Channel 4 and have them shredded on site.
No businesses, please.
Identity theft continues to be one of the fastest growing crimes. If you’ve ever had your personal information stolen, you know crooks can drain your bank account, run up charges on your credit cards, open new phantom accounts, even get medical treatment on your health insurance. It can cost time, money and patience to resolve.
Channel 4 chose tax day this year because we know it’s a time when many of you have identified important paperwork that’s ready to be throw away. Do it the right way -- take the extra step to insure you don’t become a victim.
While the event is free, we are asking that you bring a food item to donate to Second Harvest North Florida Food Bank as part of our station’s Positively Jax program.
Please bring non-perishable food items with them when dropping off personal items to be shredded.
Here is a list of food items in high demand:
- Canned fruit: fruit cocktail, sliced peaches
- Canned vegetables: corn, green beans
- Canned meats: tuna, beef, all others
- Canned beans: pork ‘n beans, black beans
- Canned soup: chicken noodle soup, vegetable soup
- Canned tomatoes and pasta sauce
- Grains: pasta, rice
- Breakfast cereals and granola bars
- Peanut butter and jelly (non-glass containers)
- Shelf-stable milk