2nd man convicted in FSU student's killing
Updated On: Jun 19 2014 04:43:56 PM EDT
The second defendant in the 2010 kidnapping and murder of a Florida State University student was convicted Thursday.
A jury deliberated for an hour before finding Kentrell Johnson guilty of one count of first-degree murder, one count of first-degree felony murder and one count of kidnapping in the death of 29-year-old Vincent Binder (pictured below).
The trial began Monday.
The sentencing phase is scheduled to begin Tuesday and is estimated to last three days. Johnson could face the death penalty.
Quentin Truehill was previously found guilty of first-degree murder and sentenced to death.
A trial for the third co-defendant, Peter Hughes, has not yet been scheduled.
Truehill, Hughes and Johnson were jail escapees from Louisiana. Prosecutors said they broke out of jail and went on a crime spree.
Binder was abducted in Tallahassee and stabbed to death, and his body was dumped along State Road 16 in St. Augustine.
Binder was reported missing on April 8, 2010, by his friends, prompting an investigation into his disappearance. The Tallahassee Police Department said evidence on Binder's phone and financial information led investigators the three fugitives.
Truehill, Hughes and Johnson were apprehended by U.S. Marshals in April 2010.
Copyright 2014 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.