State fire officials say three people were killed Wednesday morning in a blaze that tore through a house in south Georgia.
Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner's office investigators ruled the house fire in Nashville as accidental.
Commissioner's spokesman Glen Allen says 39-year-old Arturo Garcia, his 16-year-old stepson Toby Hawkins and a 17-year-old family friend, Christopher Rowan, were killed. Two other people were injured and were treated for smoke inhalation at the South Georgia Medical Center.
Commissioner Ralph Hudgens says the fire was linked to unattended food left cooking in the kitchen and authorities found nothing suspicious about the blaze.
Hudgens says the incident raised the number of fire-related fatalities in the state to 15 so far this year.