A Southside family is picking up the pieces after a fire destroyed their home Tuesday night.
"(The fire) started over in that corner right over there," said Lisa Wright. "Electrical started shooting sparks from it. Next thing you know, everything started blowing up in flames. All the outlets started sparking."
Wright said those sparks were the beginning of the end. The fire started in the front of the house while Wright was in the back. By the time she was able to get her pets and children out of the home, the front of the house was engulfed in flames.
"All the neighbors and everyone came over. My neighbor ran in and kicked my door in and started screaming to get out," said Wright. "Everyone was trying to do everything they could, but it just happened so fast, so it's a complete loss."
For the past couple of nights, the Red Cross has put the family up in a hotel. That time has run out and the family needs to find somewhere to go, Wright said.
Wright's husband, a truck driver, is returning to his family, but not the home he left.
"He is trying to make his way back here to try and figure out where we are going to go, what we are going to do. I thank God that we are all alive and okay," said Wright.
Anyone who would like to help the Wrights is asked to contact Lisa. Her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org. The family can be reached by phone at 904-874-7518.