Orlando teen finds parents unconscious in car

Published On: Sep 06 2012 10:02:40 AM EDT
Updated On: Sep 06 2012 11:18:32 AM EDT
Teen finds parents unconscious
ORLANDO, Fla. -

Fire rescue officials in Orlando say a teenager found his parents passed out in their garage hours after they had gone out to buy baby formula.

Orlando TV station WESH reports the 15-year-old woke up around 1 a.m. Thursday and wondered where his parents were. He found them inside their car parked in the garage and ran to a neighbor's house for help.

The neighbor helped get them out and rescue crews took them to Florida Hospital Orlando.

Rescue officials say they suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning. Their six children were also treated outside the home and taken to a hospital for observation.

Authorities believe the couple may have stayed inside the car after returning from the store because they didn't have air conditioning inside their house.

Comments

The views expressed below are not those of News4Jax or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus