The perfect seafood dish
Updated On: Aug 03 2012 09:01:54 AM EDT
Looking for that perfect seafood dish to serve at your summer party? Our friends at Nippers Beach Grille are cooking up a seafood dish that is sure to be a popular dish. Chef Omar shares his recipe for blackened shrimp linguine.
Blackened Shrimp Linguini
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1/4 cup
Cajun Spice 3 Tablespoons
Linguini 5oz Blanched
Garlic Chopped 1 Teaspoon
Shallots Chopped 1 Teaspoon
Preserved Lemon 1 Teaspoon
Chopped Parsley 1 Tablespoon
Diced Onion ¼ cup
Diced Fennel ¼ cup
Diced Tomato ½ Cup
Capers 1 Tablespoon
Basil Leaves Torn 5 each
White Wine ½ cup
Salt to Taste
Garlic Butter ¼ Cup
1. Marinate Shrimp With Cajun Spice and 1 Tablespoon of Oil. Should be pretty heavily seasoned.
2. It a Med High sauté pan sear off Shrimp on one side until it builds a nice dark crust then flip.
3. After you flip, squeeze your half lemon on top of shrimp, Turn off heat and let them carry over on the heat.
4. Heat up your other Sautee Pan to medium high heat and start with 2 Tablespoons of your Olive Oil.
5. Once pan is hot add in you Garlic, Shallots, Preserved Lemon, and Fennel and sweat.
6. Add in your Tomatoes, Capers, and Onion and let them slightly brown while still at a medium High Heat.
7. Add in Your White Wine and let simmer to cook out the alcohol.
8. Finish the sauce with the cold Butter, Parsley, and stir in your Blanched Linguini Pasta.
9. Salt to Taste.