Candidates for Georgia's 1st Congressional District
Updated On: Apr 12 2014 03:12:53 PM EDT
Longtime congressman representing Coastal Georgia, Jack Kingston, is running for Senate, and nine candidates are vying to win the open seat.
Six Republicans and three Democrats will appear on the May 20 primary ballot. The candidate with the most votes from their own party will face each other on the November General Election ballot.
- Buddy Carter - State senator, former state representative, pharmacist and businessman
- Darwin Carter - Former USDA official
- Jeff Chapman - State representative, former state senator and Glynn County commissioner, businessman and 2010 candidate for governor.
- Bob Johnson - surgeon and veteran
- Earl Martin - physician
- John McCallum - Venture capitalist and former congressional aide
- Brian Reese - UPS manager and minister
- Marc Smith - Retired police officer, former teacher and Navy veteran
- Amy Tavio - Realtor