Dryer sparks fire in East Arlington home
Updated On: Aug 22 2014 11:35:32 AM EDT
A family escaped their home unharmed during a fire Friday morning, according to the Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department.
Around 6:15 a.m. firefighters were dispatched to a home on 11231 Trotting Horse Lane, off Fort Carolina Road, in reference to a fire.
When firefighters arrived, they saw smoke coming from the garage area and quickly extinguished the fire.
After their preliminary investigation, JFRD said the dryer in the garage sparked the fire that damaged the home.
Two adults and an infant were able to get out of the home without injuries. The Red Cross is assisting the family because their water and power had to be turned off due to the fire.
Copyright 2014 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.