Firefighters say TV caught house on fire

Published On: Nov 12 2013 01:42:07 PM EST
Updated On: Nov 12 2013 01:58:35 PM EST
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

A Northside family of seven was able to escape their burning house Tuesday morning.

Jacksonville Fire-Rescue responded to the house on Broward Road and was able to contain the flames to one room, but there was smoke damage to the rest of the house.

"We ran out of the house, the windows start busting out," said Joann Stapleton, who escaped the fire, along with two other adults and four children.

Firefighters believe a television set malfunction started the fire.

Comments

The views expressed below are not those of News4Jax or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus