JFRD: Space heater started house fire

By Crystal Moyer, Morning assignment desk, backup traffic reporter, cmoyer@wjxt.com
Published On: Apr 07 2014 05:55:19 AM EDT
Updated On: Apr 07 2014 07:16:13 AM EDT
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

Firefighters said a space heater caught a bed on fire, while a family was sleeping in a home in Northwest Jacksonville early Monday morning.

Jacksonville Fire Rescue was notified of a fire to a home on 5724 Kinlock Drive South near Manhattan Drive just before 5 a.m. Monday morning.

According to JFRD, the fire spread throughout the bedroom, but a mother and son were were able to get out.

The mom was transported to UF Health for smoke-related breathing problems.  No other injuries were reported.

The State Fire Marshal was on scene, investigating the fire Monday morning.

The Red Cross is assisting the family.

Comments

The views expressed below are not those of News4Jax or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus