Jax. Memorial Day closures
Updated On: May 22 2013 10:38:58 AM EDT
Most city government offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, May 27 in observance of the Memorial Day holiday.
Monday, May 27 closures include:
- City Hall at St. James, 117 W. Duval St.
- Ed Ball Building, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jake M. Godbold City Hall Annex, 407 N. Laura St.
- Yates Building, 231 E. Forsyth St.
- (The Office of the Tax Collector, as well as all Tax Collector branch offices, and the Office of the Property Appraiser).
- Duval County Courthouse, 501 West Adams St.
- Supervisor of Elections main office, 105 E. Monroe St.
- Supervisor of Elections branch office, 5200-2 Norwood Ave.
- Animal Care and Protective Services, 2020 Forest St.
- Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department administrative offices, 515 N. Julia St.
- Recreation and Community Services Department offices, 214 N. Hogan St.
- All community and senior centers and gymnasiums managed by the Recreation and Community Services Department
- Victim Services Center, 403 W. 10th St.
- Jacksonville Children’s Commission, 1095 A. Philip Randolph Blvd.
- Behavioral and Human Services Division Emergency Assistance office, 1809 Art Museum Drive
- Right-of-Way and Grounds Maintenance administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Road
- Solid Waste Division administrative offices, 1031 Superior St.
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2675 Commonwealth Ave.
- The Ritz Theatre & Museum, 829 N. Davis St.
Garbage, Yard Waste and Recycling Collection
Residential garbage, yard waste and recycling, excluding appliances, will be collected as usual on Monday, May 28. The Trail Ridge Landfill, 5110 U.S. Highway 301, will maintain normal operating hours.
Jacksonville Public Library
The Jacksonville Public Library (Main Library and all branches) will be closed on Sunday, May 26 and Monday, May 27.
Huguenot Memorial Park
Huguenot Memorial Park will maintain regular hours (8 a.m.- 8 p.m.) Monday, May 27. Day-use visitors may enter from 8 a.m.-7:30 p.m. All but permitted campers and their authorized visitors must depart by 6 p.m. Visitors of campers should pre-register with the office and acquire a visitor pass to stay in the park until 10 p.m. Camping reservations can be made by phone Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Pedestrian traffic only is allowed on the beach after 6 p.m.
Particularly on a holiday weekend, Huguenot Memorial Park managers must implement limited beach parking plans in preparation for high tides or other natural occurrences which could cause beach and/or park closures if maximum vehicle capacity is reached. Park-goers are always encouraged to check conditions prior to visiting the park by calling (904) 251-3335 or visiting www.jaxparks.com.
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park will maintain regular hours (8 a.m. - 8 p.m.) Monday, May 27. Park day-users and campground visitors may enter from 8 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. All but permitted campers and their registered visitors with passes must depart by 8 p.m. Camping reservations close at 5 p.m. daily. Only campers with prepaid reservations can gain access from 5:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. People without a prepaid pass waiting for them will not be admitted after 5:30 p.m. Tent campers must check-in and have tents set up by 6 p.m. After 9:30 p.m. no one may enter to set up on a campsite.
All outdoor city pools will be open on weekends only beginning Saturday, May 25; and pools will be open on Monday, May 27 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. The Cecil Aquatics Center’s indoor pool, at 13611 Normandy Blvd., will be open Monday, May 27, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Cecil Gym and Fitness Center will be closed.
All three city tennis complexes—Southside Park Tennis Complex, 1541 Hendricks Ave.; Boone Park Tennis Complex, 3700 Park St.; and Clanzel T. Brown Park Tennis Complex, 4575 Moncrief Road—will be open on Monday, May 27, from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Copyright 2013 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.