JFRD: Fire damages Northside home
Updated On: Feb 13 2014 07:07:04 AM EST
Jacksonville Fire and Rescue investigators believe a space heater is to blame for a fire that destroyed a Northside home Thursday morning.
Around 3:45 a.m. firefighters were dispatched to a home on 1461 Belleshore Circle in reference to a fire, according to JFRD.
JFRD said there was one woman and several animals in the house at the time of the fire. The woman but was able to escape the home unharmed.
Firefighters were able to rescue several dogs, but the owner said she is still searching for her cat. Firefighters are not sure if the cat made it out of the home during the fire.
Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire.
No injuries have been reported.
The Jacksonville Electric Authority and Jacksonville Sheriff's Office were also on scene assisting JFRD.
The Fire Marshal has been called to the scene to confirm the cause of the fire.
Copyright 2014 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.