Man accused of killing teen to be re-released
Updated On: Jul 14 2014 04:40:07 PM EDT
A bond hearing was held Monday for the man accused of beating a teen to death at a party last year.
Christopher Hoffman, 26, had his bond revoked last month after a judge ruled he violated conditions of his pretrial release by drinking alcohol at a restaurant.
On Monday, the judge said Hoffman must serve out his contempt of court sentence and can be re-released on his original $50,000 bond on Aug. 1. His trial date is set for Aug. 11.
Hoffman had been out on bond while awaiting trial for second-degree murder in the death of 19-year-old Ryan Ford (pictured below) in January 2013.
Prosecutors said Hoffman was on house arrest but had permission to go to the barber shop. But they said he went straight from there to The Pig restaurant and was seen drinking alcohol.
The state said someone saw him and called police, who pulled surveillance video inside the restaurant.
Hoffman was originally facing a manslaughter charge. Prosecutors upgraded the charge in September, but Hoffman was allowed to stay at home.
Police said Hoffman helped beat Ford until he was unconscious during a bonfire that hundreds showed up for in the woods off Old Saint Augustine Road near Baptist Medical Center South.
Friends rushed Ford to the hospital, but he died from his injuries.
Copyright 2014 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.