Man hospitalized after fire ravages home

Published On: Mar 18 2014 04:36:13 PM EDT
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

A man was hospitalized after his house was gutted by fire Tuesday afternoon, according to Jacksonville Fire-Rescue.

Firefighters were called to the 3800 block of Rancho Road on the Westside.

They said the man was taken to St. Vincent's Medical Center to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

Firefighters said the cause of the fire was careless smoking.

Comments

The views expressed below are not those of News4Jax or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus