Mattress fire closes Northside roads
Updated On: Oct 04 2013 09:37:02 AM EDT
A mattress caught fire in a Northside home Friday morning, closing some roads in the area.
West 11th Street and West 13th Street were closed while Jacksonville Fire-Rescue extinguished the fire.
The fire started at a vacant home on Davis Street around 7:15 a.m. Homeless people were known to crawl through a hole at the bottom of that home and seek shelter inside, according to JFRD.
A mattress caught fire inside the home. No one was injured.
Copyright 2013 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.