The parents of a Panhandle 2-year-old have been charged with negligent manslaughter after their toddler died from untreated burns.
Officials say the 2-year-old boy died Sunday.
Christopher L. Redd, 39, and Jennifer Gail Perry, 29, were charged with negligent manslaughter for not reporting that their toddler allegedly had scalded himself with hot water from the kitchen stove, according to the Pensacola Police Deparment arrest reports.
They toddler's grandmother told the Pensacola News Journal that the parents had previously been investigated by Florida's Department of Children and Families. She said the parents were afraid to take the child to the hospital after he sustained second- and third-degree burns because of the previous investigation.
Redd and Perry told investigators that the boy accidentally tipped over a pot of boiling water about two weeks ago. The parents said the child was acting normally until about three days before his death.
The parents called for medical help on Sunday before the child was pronounced dead.