Police: Teens use BB gun to rob Little Caesar’s
Updated On: Apr 01 2014 10:09:19 AM EDT
Starke police arrested five teenagers they believe were responsible for the armed robbery of the Little Caesar's Pizza on S. Orange Street on Saturday night, and some of them might have held up a convenience store a few nights earlier.
Police got a tip that two robbers running from the restaurant got into a car with some other subjects a block away and took off.
According to the Starke Police Department, officers were able to establish probable cause that all the occupants were involved in the robbery or had prior knowledge of it.
A search of the car and suspects turned up an undisclosed amount of money from the suspects, a Phantom semi-automatic BB gun and a Walther CP-99 semi-automatic BB gun.
After conducting interviews with the suspects, all five were arrested and charged as follows:
- A 14-year-old from Bradford County whose name was not released was charged with aggravated assault with a weapon and robbery
- Antrinious H. Smith, 18, of Starke, was charged with robbery
- Leslie Kendell Neal, 19, of Starke, was charged with robbery and possession of marijuana and drug equipment
- Derrick Smith Jr., 19, of Starke, was charged with robbery
- Jamalcolm Earl Isler, 19, of Starke, was charged with robbery
Police said some of those involved in Little Caesar's robbery match the description and method of operation in the robbery of the Island Food Store on South Temple Avenue the previous Wednesday and other charges are likely.
Copyright 2014 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.