Smoke alarm saves woman from house fire

By News4Jax.com Staff, webteam@wjxt.com
Published On: Aug 27 2014 09:47:24 AM EDT
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -

A working smoke alarm saved a woman from being seriously hurt in a house fire in Clay County on Wednesday morning, according to Clay County Fire Rescue.

The fire broke out on Arthur Moore Drive near Waller Way, in the Lake Asbury area, just after 6 a.m.

Firefighters said when they arrived the fire was moving from the kitchen into the living room. They were able to get it under control in just a few minutes, but the home sustained extensive damage and is no longer livable.

Firefighters said without the working smoke alarm, the injuries and the damage could have been much worse.

Comments

The views expressed below are not those of News4Jax or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus