Worker electrocuted at SJC truck stop
Updated On: Jun 26 2014 03:29:46 PM EDT
Fire-rescue personnel said a man was electrocuted Wednesday afternoon while working on the roof of the truck stop off Interstate 95 at State Road 210.
Joshua Hatcher, 24, an electrician, was shocked about 1:30 p.m. in what was described as an industrial accident on the roof the the TA Travel Center.
A Jacksonville Fire-Rescue ladder truck was called to get the victim off the roof. He was transported to Baptist Medical Center South, but was reported in full cardiac arrest. Late Wednesday afternoon, the Sheriff's Office said the worker died and it was in the process of notifying his family.
Deputies said Hatcher and another man were working on lighting at the center when Hatcher was electrocuted. They said there were no other witnesses.
When the other worker could not reach Hatcher by phone, he went to investigate and found him unconscious.
An Occupational Safety and Health Administration representative also went to investigate.
Copyright 2014 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.