The American Kennel Club has released its annual list of the top dog breeds in the U.S. based off registration numbers. Here is the top 10 breeds with their ranking last year.
10. Rottweilers (Ninth place last year)
9. French Bulldogs (11th place last year)
8. Boxers (Seventh place last year)
7. Poodles (Eighth place last year)
6. Yorkshire Terriers (Sixth place last year)
5. Beagles (Fourth place last year)
4. Bulldogs (Fifth place last year)
3. Golden Retrievers (Third last year)
2. German Shepherds (Second place last year)
1. Labrador Retrievers (First place last year)
The views expressed below are not those of News4Jax or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.