Fire closes stretch of North Lane Avenue
Updated On: Sep 05 2014 08:25:48 AM EDT
A fire at a recycling plant closed a stretch of N. Lane Avenue in the Commonwealth area early Friday morning.
The fire happened at the CMC recycling center.
"JFRD did a great job quickly extinguishing the fire. It was still smoldering due to the materials that possibly were burning," said Lt. Ellis Burns with JSO.
Lane Avenue was closed from 5th Street to 12th Street, which is north of Commonwealth Avenue.
Investigators are trying to figure out if any of the metal burned had magnesium in it.
News4Jax will update this story as more information becomes available.
Copyright 2014 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.